“These whimsical little mice taste like truffles and have been a family favorite for 15 years. We so enjoy the smiles and laughs they always get! Every Christmas, we make sure to have enough for friends, neighbors and get-togethers.” Deborah Zabor – Fort Erie, Ontario
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 40 wafers), divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 36 red nonpareils
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 18 pieces black shoestring licorice (2 inches each)
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in 1cup crumbs and sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or untileasy to handle.
- For each mouse, roll about 1 tablespoon chocolate mixture into a ball, tapering one end to resemble a mouse.
- Roll in remaining chocolate crumbs to coat.
- Position nonpareils for eyes, almond slices for ears and licorice pieces for tails.
Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.