- These cookies are a holiday favorite around our house. You can top them off with cherries or chocolate— or some of each!
- 24 Servings
- Prep: 20 min.
- Bake: 10 min./batch
- Quick Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups coconut, divided
- Candied cherries and/or chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk, extract and juice. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 3 cups of coconut. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately place a cherry or chocolate kiss on top of each cookie. Cool 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: about 4 dozen
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 184 calories, 11 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.