Domino Brownies Recipe
- Prep: 45 min.
- Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- Yield: 36 Servings
- BLOND LAYER:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- CHOCOLATE LAYER:
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tubes white decorating gel
- 1 cup M&M’s miniature baking bits
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture just until combined. Spread over warm blond layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into 36 rectangles (3-1/4 in. x 1 in.). With decorating gel, draw a line dividing each rectangle in half widthwise; attach baking bits with dabs of decorating gel to resemble dominoes.
Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 each) equals 168 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.